Saturday 13 February 2016

Review: SK II Pitera Essence Set




Introducing the SK II Pitera Essence Set


Note: The picture above is my second set of Pitera Essence 
since I accidentally broke my first FTE bottle on the second day of using it.



Have you experienced the miraculous transformation to crystal clear skin? 
Many of us have heard about it and as such I wanted to experience it myself. So I purchased the set for RM199 which includes 3 products:


Facial Treatment Clear Lotion
30ml


claims:
-purifies the skin 
-exfoliates dead skin cells 
-prepares the skin for better absorption 

my verdict:
ProsCons
- Aids in absorption- Expensive
- Doesn't sting- Caused breakouts
- Non-drying- Caused clogged pores
- Exfoliates skin
- Softens skin


Facial Treatment Essence 
70ml


claims:
transformed skin in 14 days:
-spots are less visible
-appearance of wrinkles is reduced
-skin texture is more refined
-firmness is improved
-radiance is beautifull elevated
-skin is crystal clear

my verdict:

ProsCons
- Texture is like clear water - Fermented smell
- Non-drying- Caused breakouts
- Glowing skin- Caused clogged pores
- Smaller poresGlass container
- Hydrates skin

Note: I accidentally dropped my FTE bottle and it broke into pieces. :( 
It just proves that the bottle is easily breakable.




Facial Treatment Mask
1pc

claims:
-skin is immediately moisturized
-radiant skin
-crystal clear complexion


my verdict:



ProsCons
- Easy to use- Expensive 
- Moisturized skin
- Radiant skin
- Has cooling effect



Repurchase : No

I have read reviews online and noticed that many people love SK II products but as for me the effect wasn't that awesome. Firstly, it's too expensive. Secondly you can get similar products for a lower price. I used the product for 1 month. For the first two weeks i noticed that my skin was glowing and it wasn't too oily anymore but on the third week my pores started to get clogged and i had a terrible breakout so I stopped using it and went back to my previous skin care. The glow wasn't there anymore and my skin was just like BLAH. The formula used in SK II is too potent that it will make you skin crave for Pitera which dried my skin. Anyway, every person has a different skin type so what didn't work for me may work for you. I'm in my 20's and according to other reviews, SK II line is for the age group of 30's and above. As for now it's a NO NO for me. I may try it 3 years from now once i'm 30.














2 comments:

  1. Yes, the fact that it's expensive has made lots of Korean cosmetic companies released dupes of this product. Missha, TheFaceShop, Nature Republic, Hera, and the most affordable one is from Secret Key.
    I've heard all the bad things experienced by its users but I didn't know that it can be drying to our skin!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing this lovely post! Keep it up!
    Mira | Pretty Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Korean products are so much better and affordable. Yes my skin dried and it became sensitive. 😔

      Delete